Thursday, May 14, 2009

The weed of crime bares bitter fruit...

Black Eye Susans, Big Hats...
Rain and treachery afoot in Baltimore.

So the "big boys" wanted to conspire and keep Rachel Alexandra
from running in The Preakness on Saturday...tsk tsk...I sense a little fear and loathing
on the back stretch at Pimlico. I mean, c'mon...a filly ain't won it since
1906 and I don't remember that one...I'll ask Claire.

Anyway, who'd of thought that the horse that finished dead last in The Derby,
Friesan Fire, 42 lengths behind Mine That Bird, would go off in The Preakness at the same odds, (6-1) as the Kentucky Derby winner...Poor old Bird...no respect.

As Bob Dylan and every dolt in Stewart's Ice Cream shop says, "It's All Good"...

I'm sticking with Papa Clem...he won't be fooled this time by crazy Calvin...
but just in case, I'll throw in Rachel...you never know...and even when you do know,
well, it'll be raining...Big Drama is going for the early lead, Pioneer of The Nile ain't gonna be just walking around the track...they'll be drinking in the infield...ah, another day at the races.

Trust me on this one...Papa, Rachel...a few libations...
I'm not like the others.

See yah at post time,
Spanky

No comments:

Post a Comment